The Li-Po battery is rechargeable with the capacity of 4300mAh specially designed for EVO. It can only be charged with the charger supplied in the EVO package. A fully charged battery can provide up to 30 minutes of continuous flight.
- Turn on the battery
Press and hold the Power Button for 3 seconds to turn on the battery. The Capacity Level Indicators will illuminate and indicate the current battery level.
- Turn off the battery
Press and hold the Power Button for 3 seconds to turn off the battery. If the battery is attached on the aircraft, the LED1 and LED 4 will flash for 5 times to indicate shutdown. Remove the aircraft battery from the aircraft after turning off all the Capacity Level Indicators.
- Check the battery level
The battery level also can be checked without powering on the battery, press the Power Button for 1 second then release it quickly, then the corresponding battery levels will be indicated by the Capacity Level Indicators as shown below.
Several smart functions added into the aircraft battery will protect and preserve battery life. The introduction below will give you a further understanding for the aircraft battery.
- Storage Self-Discharge Protection: The battery will discharge automatically to approximately 70% of total power to prevent damage. Automatic discharge begins after the battery has been idle for 6 days (default) and the battery voltage is higher than 12V. It takes 2 or 3 days for the battery to discharge. There is no indication when the self-discharge cycle is being performed. You may notice a slight warming of the battery during the discharge process, this is normal. The discharge threshold can be modified using the Autel Explorer™ app.
- Charging Temperature Detection: The normal charging temperature should be between 10°C (50°F) and 45°C (113°F), the battery will stop charging if the temperature exceeds this range.
- Over Current Protection: The battery will stop charging if the charging current exceeds 8A in order to prevent severe damage.
- Overcharge Protection: Charging will stop automatically when the battery reaches full charge.
- Balance Protection: Balances the voltage of each battery cell to prevent overcharging or over-discharging.
- Over Discharge Protection: If the battery is not in use, it will disconnect power output once the self-discharge cycle has completed. The over discharge protection is inactive during the flight.
- Short Circuit Protection: The power supply will be cut off if a short circuit is detected.
- Power Saving Mode: The battery will cut off the power supply and enter power saving mode after 30 minutes of inactivity to retain the energy.
- Communication: The aircraft is able to communicate with the battery to get real time battery information such as voltage, capacity, current, temperature, etc.
- Ultra-Low Power Consumption Mode: To save power, the battery will enter the Ultra-Low Power Consumption Mode if it is idle for 7 days and the battery voltage is lower than 11.7V. In this situation, the battery can be used normally after being connected to the charger.